Meh Dai Carrier *BESTSELLERS*
Our Top Recommendation
You Might Also Like: Infantino Sash Wrap
Are you looking for a comfortable, safe, hands-free way to carry your baby all day long?
Do you find that ring slings, carriers, and soft formed baby carriers aren’t quite right for you?
Wouldn’t it be great if there was something that combined the best qualities of all of these?
Well, look no further—mei tai carriers are just what you need!
With a mei tai carrier, you’ll be able to enjoy hands-free babywearing that won’t hurt you or pose a risk for your little one. You can comfortably carry your baby on your back, hip, or chest, and most meh dai wraps can be used regardless of the age of your child.
In this article, you’ll find six meh dai reviews to help you find the right one for your needs. You’ll also find a little extra info to help you get started, especially if you’ve never heard of or used a mei tai before. We’ll make sure you know all the basics before you ever go shopping!
There’s a lot to learn about meh dais, but we hope we’ve helped you get started with this information! Now, let’s move on to shopping for the carrier that’s right for you.
Although there are a lot of excellent mei tai carriers available on the market today, some of them stand at the front of the pack in terms of quality, durability, and great customer service, too. If you’re looking for the best meh dai baby wrap for your needs, be sure to check out these six incredible products listed below. No matter what style you’re looking for or what size you might need for your little one, you’re sure to find the perfect option among the carriers listed here.
Best Meh Dai Carrier #1. CuddleBug 3-in-1 with Hood
With the CuddleBug 3-in-1 with Hood , you’ll be ready to face your day with your baby in tow no matter what might come your way! This product can be worn on your chest, hip, or back depending on your child’s age and stage of development, and this makes it easier than ever for you to keep your baby close to you at all times. Keep your hands free with this versatile and cute baby offer as part of your regular baby setup. Since it’s machine washable, you’ll be able to take it anywhere you go and keep it clean and ready to go for the next trip, too!
Best Meh Dai Carrier #2. Beautiful Bloom Baby Wrap
Choose the Beautiful Bloom Baby Carrier when you want a sturdy, comfortable option that’s built to last and can be used again and again with no trouble. This product is lightweight, stretchy, and made from 97% cotton, which allows as much breathability as possible through the fabric. This will help you keep your little one cool and comfortable and keep your own body temperature down while wearing it, as well. This offer features a padded shoulder strap as well as a padded waist strap so you’ll be able to wear it comfortably for much longer than some of the other comparable products you might find while shopping.
Best Meh Dai Carrier #3. Catbird Baby Baby Wrap
For one of the softest and most comfortable meh dai infant options on the market that still provides tons of great support for your little one, check out the Catbird Baby Baby Wrap. This cute offer is designed with a single panel of printed quilt fabric, while the rest of the product is a solid accent color. This creates a striking combination that looks great no matter where you might be wearing your baby. The product also includes a built-in hood that’s great for discreet breastfeeding, keeping the sun away from your baby’s face, or even allowing you to stash a comfy cloth that can be used as a pillow for your little one.
Best Meh Dai Carrier #4. Chimparoo Baby Wrap
Are you looking for a cute and comfy baby carrier that you and your little one will be able to use from the newborn stage until well into the preschool years? Would you like a product that’s not only built to adjust to your baby’s growing body but also designed to withstand years of use with no signs of wear and tear? If so, the Chimparoo Baby Wrap is just what you need! This mei tai is available in a couple of colorful striped patterns as well as in solid black, so you can choose your favorite or have a few options to pick from. Made of 100% cotton, this is one of the softest and sturdiest meh dai carriers around!
Best Meh Dai Carrier #5. Palm and Pond Baby Sling Wrap
If you’re looking for a fun and stylish meh dai baby sling that’s sure to suit your little one from day one, check out the Palm and Pond Baby Sling. This product is printed with a beautiful and whimsical fabric that is accented with solid black to make the colors really pop. Best of all, if you know you’ll be going somewhere that this fabric might not be appropriate, the product is reversible and can be worn on the solid black side only. This way, you and your baby are sure to be ready for whatever might come your way during your day-to-day adventures together!
Best Meh Dai Carrier #6. BabyHawk by Moby Baby for Newborns + Toddlers
The BabyHawk by Moby Baby for Newborns + Toddlers is one of the most popular mei tai style baby carriers on the market today and with good reason! This is a well-known brand name meh dai ring sling company, so you know you’re getting a high-quality product when you purchase from them. This product is designed to hold babies between 8 and 40 pounds, which makes it great for most little ones and toddlers. And best of all, it can be adapted for use with different types of holds depending on the age of your baby and his or her physical abilities. You can’t go wrong with this durable and stylish baby carrier as part of your ensemble!
What is a Meh Dai Carrier?
Mei tai carriers are a type of baby wrap that works in much the same way as a soft formed baby carrier without taking up nearly as much space or weighing as much, either. They are one of many different options available to parents and caregivers who are interested in babywearing. Although there’s no one set type of baby carrier that’s better than any others, mei tai carriers remain very popular and have withstood the test of time. Here are just a few more facts about meh dais to help you get started learning more:
- Mei tais (now known as meh dai) originated in China a long time ago. These carriers have been used for centuries to carry babies on the chest, back, and hip comfortably and safely. Modern mei tai carriers have been altered slightly to be more ergonomic, safer, and cute, too!
- Mei tais are usually a square of fabric that has four straps attached at each corner to tie over the wearer’s shoulders and around the waist. However, there are quite a few takes on this traditional version of the carrier, and different brands offer different alternatives to this look.
- These carriers are tied on like an apron and then pulled up between the baby’s legs before being tied over the shoulders as well. However, some variations of this carrier are tied slightly differently, so it’s best to look up the brand name you purchase and make sure you’re putting it on correctly by watching videos.
- Newborns can be worn safely in many meh dai carriers, but not all of them. They should be worn in carriers with unpadded waist straps and carriers that have less fabric in the body portion overall.
- You can find meh dais in many different styles: wrap straps, padded straps, unpadded waists, padded waists, and structured. A structured meh dai isn’t going to be as formed as a backpack style baby carrier but may be similar in shape and size.
5 Safety Tips for Meh Dai Carriers
Wearing a mei tai carrier can be easy and convenient, but no matter what, you should always have your baby’s safety in mind while using it. Here are five safety tips to make your meh dai experience good for you and your little one both.
- Always practice tying any type of baby wrap the first few times without the baby inside. Make sure another capable adult helps you practice this way, and then have them assist you with practice runs that involve the baby, too
- When carrying a newborn or a very small baby, always be sure your little one’s chin is raised and not near his or her chest. This way, your baby will be able to breathe while being worn comfortably.
- Never cover your baby’s head with anything other than a built-in hood, if yours has one. Anything else could obstruct your baby’s breathing passages.
- Never try to tie on your baby wrap in a place that isn’t safe. Always begin in a safe place, and if possible, learn to tie on the product from a sitting position (although this might not be possible with all wraps).
- Last but not least, trust yourself and your judgment. If you don’t feel like your baby is safe and secure, then make adjustments until you do. If you feel like yours is slipping throughout the day, stop and make changes so that your baby will be safer.
Stylish & Safe Babywearing Solution
Safe babywearing doesn’t have to be a myth, and with a meh dai product to help you out, you’re already well on your way to an experience that’s sure to benefit both you and your child. There are a lot of great reasons why you might be considering a meh dai for your babywearing needs, and no matter which one is driving your decision, you’re sure to be pleased with any of the excellent wraps from our list above.
Remember to always keep your baby’s safety in mind before anything else when it comes to choosing the right product for you. Pick a product that will work well for the size and age of your baby, and don’t forget to choose one that’s made from a fabric that will work well for your child, too. In no time, you’re sure to have the perfect new addition to your babywearing repertoire ready for you and your little one to go on another great adventure!
Last update on 2023-09-22 at 16:18 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.