Fantastic 5: Best Co Sleeping Cot For Babies
Do you plan to practice co-sleeping with your baby?
Are you looking for one of the safest and most practical ways to get the best benefits out of co-sleeping without having to worry about your little one in the process?
Wouldn’t it be nice if your infant could stay close to you all night long but still have a little bit of his or her own independence, too?
With a co sleeping cot, all of this and so much more is possible!
A baby co sleeping cot is a great way to provide the best of both worlds when you want to practice co-sleeping with your little one. In this article, you’ll get a brief introduction to what a co sleep cot is and what features it can offer to you and your child.
From there, you’ll find out about five of the best baby bedside cot bed co sleep options available on the market today. You’ll be able to choose your favorite based on its price, its size, or its extra bells and whistles, depending on what you’re looking for most in your co-sleeping experience.
At the end of the article, be sure to check out our five tips for choosing the right co sleeping cot bed for your needs. Picking the perfect one for you and your baby doesn’t have to be challenging, and with the right information to help you along, it can be a fun and rewarding experience for everyone.
So let’s get started!
Don't have the time to check out the whole list?
Here are our TOP FAVORITE PICKS:
Last update on 2018-02-21 at 16:49 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
What is a Co Sleeping Cot?
A baby co sleeping cot is a little bit like a crib, but it’s also different. These cots look like cribs, but they’re usually missing one side. This side is attached firmly to the side of the bed nearest the parent who will be doing the co-sleeping. Sometimes, parents alternate sides so both can be equally involved in the experience (and so both can get equal breaks, too), but in other situations, one parent always co-sleeps next to the baby in the cot.
Cots are not the same as cribs, since they attach to the bed. They are also not the same as co sleep beds, which are kept separate from the parents’ bed as well, but usually kept within arm’s reach. These types of cots for co sleeping are designed specifically to stay attached to the parents’ bed at all times. The child sleeps there until he or she is big enough for a separate bed in another room.
Using a bedside co sleeping cot may take some getting used to, and depending on your family situation, it might not be the best option for you. As with any aspect of raising your child, it always pays to try things out on your own and see for yourself how they work.
In the next section, you’ll learn more about the features of these types of cots that make many parents enjoy using them time and time again.
What are the Best Benefits of a Co Sleeping Cot?
While crib sleeping might be the best option for many parents and little ones out there, a co sleeping cot bed can be an excellent solution for many different scenarios, too. Keep the following features in mind when you’re looking for reasons that might make you want to go this route, too.
- Co-sleeping cots help make it easier for you to reach your baby during the night, which in turn means you have a quicker response time when he or she needs something.
- It’s safer for a baby to sleep in a co-sleeping cot than to sleep in the bed with you and/or your partner.
- It can be cozy and comfortable for both baby and parents to know everyone is close by all night long.
- It can feel nice to wake up next to your baby less than arm’s reach away.
5 Best Co Sleep Cots
In this section, you’ll learn about the five best co-sleeping cots available today. These cots come in a wide variety of different styles, colors, and prices too, so no matter what you’re looking for, you should be able to find it and much more among the choices listed below. Take your time and look around, and don’t hesitate to compare several models before you find the one that’s perfect for you.
1. Kinder Valley Kai Cot
Choose the Kinder Valley Kai Cot for a great solid pine experience that’s sure to help you enjoy your co-sleeping nights even more than ever before. This is technically a standard baby crib, but because of its unique drop-side capabilities, it can be used as either a bedside co sleep solution, a standalone crib, or an arm’s length co-sleeping crib, depending on your needs.
- This crib can be used with children up to three years of age, but it’s safe enough for use with newborn infants as well.
- You can adjust the position of this crib to one of three standard heights, depending on your needs and how you plan to use it.
- This crib has a sleek design that fits well with just about any bedroom or nursery designs with no trouble.
- It can be difficult and may take some extra work to modify this crib into a bedside attachement.
- Because it takes extra modifications to make this crib work, it may be less safe and may leave a gap between the bed and the crib.
- This crib may be too large to fit beside your bed in many bedroom layouts.
2. Chicco Side Sleeping Crib Next2Me
With the Chicco Side Sleeping Crib Next2Me, you’ll be able to sleep alongside your baby in safety and in comfort no matter where you go! This crib is designed to work with just about any type of bed setup you might have, and it’s small and lightweight enough to make positioning very quick and simple. Best of all, it’s portable, and it folds down into an easy-to-carry bag that makes transportation easier than ever before. Even when you go on vacation or visit a family member for a while, your baby won’t have to sleep in an unfamiliar setting with this along for the ride!
- This sleeper can be adjusted easily to use as a standalone crib when your baby gets a little bit bigger.
- The sleeper includes a folding drawer for easy storage and simple use throughout your baby’s early stages.
- The sleeper comes with a mattress included.
- You may want to invest in a softer mattress over time, or in a softer mattress pad cover to make cleaning easier.
- This sleeper may be a little over budget for some buyers.
- Although the heights are adjustable, if you have a custom height bed, you might still have issues using this crib with it.
3. East Coast Angelina Cot Bed
The East Coast Angelina Cot Bed is another traditional crib-style bed that some parents have used successfully for a short amount of time. While this cot bed isn’t designed specifically for co-sleeping purposes, it can nevertheless provide everything you and your little one need if you’re willing to work a little bit with it. This is a solid pine crib with a classic design that works well with the interior décor of just about any room. When the time comes for your little one to try sleeping in a standalone bed, this crib can be converted into a junior bed easily.
- This crib features three adjustable base heights for the mattress, which can help you modify and position it correctly for co-sleeping.
- The crib is very durable and easy to use.
- The crib features safe teething rails so your baby will be able to use it throughout many different stages of infancy.
- This will most likely need modification to be able to be used as an attachement.
- This crib may be less safe for use as a co sleep attachment than it is as a standalone crib.
- There is no mattress included with this crib.
4. Geuther Aladin Co Sleep Cot
The is a beautiful and simple way to bring the world of co-sleeping to your family. This lightweight and easy-to-use co-sleeping cot can be used for both co-sleeping and standalone sleeping, and you can make this change quickly and easily enough to allow your baby to nap alone during the day and sleep beside you at night. All you have to do is drop or raise the side panel and scoot the crib closer to the bed or push it away as needed. The crib is made from durable beech wood and is sure to look beautiful as part of any bedroom décor.
- The cot is made of sustainable wood and non-toxic paint and materials, so it’s safe for the environment as well as for your little one.
- The included mattress is comfortable, soft, and hypoallergenic too.
- This cot is on wheels, so you can move it around as needed throughout the day and keep your baby close to you at all times.
- This cot is only designed for use with babies up to six months of age and isn’t safe for use with older infants.
- Because it’s on wheels, there is a chance this cot could be pushed away from the bed during co-sleeping unless you firmly affix it in some way.
- This cot is not as portable as some of the others listed here.
5. Babybay Co Sleep Cot Original
When you want a durable, sturdy, strong co sleeping cot that looks as great as it works for you and your baby, you need the . This is easily one of the most popular co sleeping cot products available on the market today. It comes in an untreated wood finish so you can treat it, varnish it, or paint it however you like to match your bedroom design or the look of your baby’s nursery perfectly. Best of all, it has an adjustable platform to make it easier than ever before to fit this sleeper to a bed of any size. This is a safe and sturdy sleeper that’s a perfect addition to your co-sleeping ensemble.
- You can purchase a separate conversion kit to transition this sleeper into a standalone crib when the time comes.
- This is a non-toxic and sustainably sourced product that’s eco-friendly and very baby-safe.
- This is a brand-name product that many parents have returned to time and time again.
- This product is a little bit more expensive than many of the others listed here.
- It can be very difficult to put this product together and to finish the wood yourself without assistance.
- You will need to buy any additional accessories and items needed to get started, which may be an additional cost.
5 Tips for Choosing the Best Cot
Picking the best co sleeping cot can be a little bit tricky, but with the following tips to help you out, you’ll be well on your way to comfortable, safe, and happy co-sleeping in no time.
1. Always check the safety information.
Safety should be the number one concern when it comes to choosing the best co sleeping cot for your family. If a sleeper you’re looking at has had recalls or the company isn’t known for its safe products, don’t buy it.
2. Pick something that fits your bed securely and doesn’t leave a gap or any sagging areas.
Some cots fit beds better than others, so it’s always a good idea to make sure yours will work with your bedroom setup before you make the purchase. Take as many measurements as necessary to determine this.
3. Choose a sleeper that’s going to be large enough to safely hold your baby for as long as you’re interested in bedside co-sleeping.
Most of these sleepers aren’t safe for use once your baby can crawl, but some can be used for longer, depending on design.
4. Choose something that comes with the mattress if possible, to help save you on costs in the long run.
There are plenty of cheap co sleeping cot options out there, but you can save even more money if you’re shopping on a budget by buying sets that come with most or all of what you need to get started.
5. Check to see if the sleeper you’re interested in has other uses or applications, or if it can be converted when your baby gets bigger.
Some can be altered to stand alone, while others can only be used in conjunction with the parents’ bed.
The best co sleeping cot for sale today might be different for you than it is for your neighbor, your sibling, or your best friend. Remember that it’s always okay to do some shopping around to figure out which one is right for you, and that it pays to think hard about your needs as well as the needs of your baby when making your final decision.
Some parents use their co sleep cots for a long time, while others only make use of them while the baby is still in the newborn stages. No matter which way you choose to use your cot, you’re sure to get a lot of great benefits out of practicing safe and happy co-sleeping with your little one.
We hope we’ve given you some good information to help you make the right choice. Happy sleeping!