5 Best Baby Carriers For Twins That Work Double Time For You
Do you have twins?
Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to get through just one day with the freedom to use both of your hands?
Are you sick of trying to drag a twin-size stroller around with you everywhere you go?
Twin babies bring a lot of joy to a household, but they can also bring some unique challenges that parents of single babies might not have to face.
If you find yourself struggling to get through your day with both of your babies in tow, why not try a twin baby carrier?
In this article, you’ll learn about the benefits of using a twin baby carrier, and you’ll also discover five of the best twin carrier products available on the market today. You’ll be able to compare and contrast the pros and cons of these products to help you find the right solution for your babies’ needs.
By the time you’ve finished reading, you should be able to choose the right carrier for your little ones, whether they’re newborns, older infants, or toddlers. In no time, you’ll become an expert at babywearing, even when twins are involved!
Don’t forget to check out our tips at the end of the article for safer babywearing, too.
Now, let’s get started learning about the best baby carriers for twins!
How can a Baby Carrier Help?
Baby carriers are very popular among parents and caretakers today, and there are a lot of great benefits anyone can enjoy when using them. However, when it comes to managing twins, a double sling baby carrier can give you a unique set of features that may help improve your day-to-day life considerably. Here are just some of the many ways you can expect to enjoy using your carrier for both of your little ones.
- Hands-free babywearing. Whether you have one baby or two, babywearing is a mostly hands-free activity. Keeping your twins in a carrier means that you’ll have a lot more freedom to take care of what you need to do during the day. You’ll be able to work around the house, run errands, and more without having to worry about a big, bulky stroller or complicated handheld baby carriers to get it all done.
- Simultaneous breastfeeding. When it comes time to breastfeed your young babies, having a comfy twin sling baby carrier can make a huge difference. Using a carrier like this will provide you and your babies with plenty of privacy and closeness during this important bonding time. Plus, you’ll be able to feed both of them at once, which can help you save some time for yourself in the long run and better manage your day.
- Taking the whole family out at once. If you have more children than just your twins, you may find it next to impossible to bring along the whole family for an outing. However, with a baby sling that lets you keep track of both of your twins at once, you’ll be better able to spend time with your older kids too. Pretty soon, you’ll be an expert at enjoying an activity with everyone in the family, including both of the babies!
- Sharing time between both twins evenly. Without a baby carrier for your twins, you’ll likely find yourself needing to alternate between which baby gets your attention at any given time. However, when you’re carrying them both at the same time, they’re both getting the same amount of opportunities to be close to you. And if you’re a working parent or caregiver, that can be crucial to help you and your little ones get closer than ever before.
There are a lot of other great ways using a twin baby carrier can help you. Read on to find out which model is right for you and your little ones, and soon you’ll be able to see for yourself how one of these carriers can really improve your twin parenting experience.
Five Best Carriers
In this section, we’ll introduce you to five of the best baby carriers for twins you can find on the market today. Whether you’re looking for a wrap style carrier or something a little more formed and sturdy, you can find just what you and your babies need from the list below. Keep in mind that some of these carriers are better used for older babies, while others can be used for newborns with no trouble.
1. Yaekoo Baby Wrap Carrier
Are you looking for a soft and comfortable baby carrier that’s sure to give you enough stretch for both of your little bundles of joy? If so, the Yaekoo Baby Wrap Carrier may be the perfect choice for you. This carrier is made from comfortable, gentle material that won’t feel harsh against your baby’s skin. You can use this carrier for up to a total of 35 pounds, which means you’ll be able to carry both of your babies in it together for a while before you’ll need to look at upgrading. And since this is a 95% cotton and 5% Spandex blend carrier, it’s easy to keep clean by simply throwing it in the washing machine and letting it air dry when needed.
- This is a great lightweight carrier that can do its job without overheating you or your little ones.
- It’s easy to learn how to tie this carrier with just a few practice runs.
- You can use this carrier for one baby or two by simply adjusting the way you tie it around yourself.
- This carrier isn’t as long as some others on our list, so depending on your body type and your babies’ weight, you may have trouble wrapping this one.
- This carrier isn’t as supportive as some others and may cause more back pain over time.
- The carrier isn’t available in multiple color or pattern choices.
2. NAVAdeal Coral Baby Wrap Carrier Sling
When you need a super stretchy baby wrap to help keep you and your twins on the go at all times, the NAVAdeal Coral Baby Wrap Carrier Sling is a great place to start. This cute pink baby carrier can be used with newborns all the way up to toddler age children, and you can carry two newborn or infant twins together easily in the extra-large size. This is a lightweight carrier that’s great for moms or dads on the go who need to keep one or both hands free even when managing the unique challenges that come with twins.
- This wrap is very easy to keep clean by simply throwing it in the wash, and you can even dry it in the dryer without fear of shrinking it.
- This is a very comfortable wrap that distributes your babies’ weight evenly over your back and shoulders.
- It’s easy to tie this wrap in a variety of different configurations to carry your twins as safely and simply as possible.
- This is not a well-known brand name product, and this may be a downside to some potential buyers.
- The wrap doesn’t come with any instructions, so if you’ve never used one before you’ll need to look up information about how to tie it properly online.
- You may need to check this wrap frequently for tearing or stretching.
3. Stuff 4 Multiples Twingaroo Twin Carrier
Never again will you have to wonder how to manage your day with twins when you have the Stuff 4 Multiples Twingaroo Twin Carrier to help you out! This soft and comfortable baby carrier isn’t a wrap, but it is a very comfortable and lightweight cotton padded carrier that can be worn over the shoulders and buckled around the waist for ease of movement and even distribution of your twins’ weight. It even includes a built-in diaper bag area and plenty of room to bring along extra bottles and all the other items you need during a daily outing with the two most important little ones in your life.
- If you only need to bring one baby along for your trip, you can easily use this as a single baby carrier as well.
- It’s very easy to get this carrier on and off by yourself with just a little practice beforehand.
- The ergonomic design is great for both you and your babies.
- It can be more difficult to keep this carrier clean than some of the others listed here.
- There is a bit of a learning curve in figuring out the best way to wear your babies in this carrier and the simplest way for you to put it on and take it off again.
- The adjustable belt built into this carrier may be difficult to size to larger or smaller body types.
4. Stuff 4 Multiples TwinTrexx 2 Twin Baby Carrier
Want to bring both of your twins along for a daily adventure but prefer to carry them both on the front of your body instead of one on your back? With the Stuff 4 Multiples TwinTrexx 2 Twin Baby Carrier, you’ll be able to keep an eye on both of your babies at once without having to sacrifice the use of your hands to do it! This carrier features a unique design that allows you to strap it over your shoulders and around your waist for plenty of support while carrying your babies on either side of you. You can also adjust it for use in the more traditional front-and-back method or wear a single baby in it as necessary.
- This carrier can be configured into five different positions, each of which offers tons of support for both you and your babies.
- This is a well-constructed carrier made of a soft but durable material that’s easy to keep clean.
- The design of this carrier is safe for use with younger babies all the way up to toddler age.
- There isn’t as much back support in this carrier as you can find in some of the others listed here.
- You will need assistance to put this carrier on and take it off throughout your day.
- The included directions are difficult to understand and may be hard to follow without looking up more information online
5. TwinGo Original Baby Carrier
If you’re searching for one of the most popular twin baby carriers on the market, look no further than the TwinGo Original Baby Carrier. This comfy carrier is perfect for busy parents and caretakers on the go who want to bring their twins along for the ride. The whole carrier can collapse down into a small and portable pocket, and when the time comes, all you have to do is quickly reassemble it for easy use no matter what the day might bring. Best of all, you can use it for one baby at a time or both of your twins at once, depending on what you need.
- This 100% cotton carrier is lightweight, comfortable, and easy to keep clean.
- You can use this carrier with babies as small as 7 pounds each, so it’s great for early use.
- The included carrying pockets allow you to bring along just about anything you might need for a day of adventure and fun.
- It may take a few practice runs to really get the hang of putting this carrier on and taking it off easily by yourself.
- The included directions are hard to follow, especially if you haven’t had previous experience with baby carriers like this one.
- In some instances, the box has been known to arrive damaged due to shipping.
There are plenty of twin baby carriers to choose from, and picking the right one depends a lot on your individual needs as well as the needs of your babies. Remember, however, that there are a few considerations to keep in mind no matter whether you’re buying a carrier for twins, single babies, or any other purpose.
- Always make sure your carrier is safe for use with newborns. If a carrier says it shouldn’t be used for newborn babies, do not use it. This can be very dangerous for your child.
- If your carrier specifies a weight minimum, do not use it for premature babies that may be smaller than this size. Most carriers are not meant for use with babies smaller than 7 pounds. If your babies don’t weigh 7 pounds yet, wait until they do to start using a carrier.
- Some carriers require adjustments to be used for small or newborn babies. If your carrier has a newborn attachment or must be tied in a specific way for use with newborns, pay attention to that.
- It’s always safest to carry your newborn or preemie high on your chest in a baby wrap. This is equally true if you’re carrying twins.
With a little practice, you’ll be able to safely wear your twins in a carrier at all times without worry. Just remember to read all the included instructions and potential warnings that come with your carrier, and if you’re still unsure, don’t hesitate to look up more information online. Babywearing can be controversial, but it’s not difficult to keep it a safe and happy experience for everyone involved, as long as you are armed with the right information.