21 of the Best Baby Carriers for Newborn Infants
Are you getting ready to bring home a new baby?
Or have you just had a baby and you’re looking for the best and safest way to carry your newborn with you everywhere you go?
Do you want to choose the right baby slings and wraps for newborns that are safe even for a brand new baby to use?
If you’re in the market for the best sling carrier for newborn babies, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, you’ll learn all about how to choose the right type of carrier for a newborn and what you need to look for in order to keep your baby as safe as possible. You’ll find out which styles of carrier are good for very young infants and which ones you should avoid for a while, at least until your baby gets a little older.
In the second part of the article, you’ll learn about the 21 best baby carriers for you to choose from. You’ll find many different types of carriers available in tons of different colors and prints to help you find the perfect option for you and your baby.
By the time you’ve finished reading through this article, you’ll be ready to get out there and go shopping right away! Take a look through these reviews and pick your top few favorites. Pretty soon, you and your new baby will be happy and safe traveling everywhere together with the best baby wrap for newborn use on the market!
Don't have the time to check out the whole list?
Here are our TOP FAVORITE PICKS:
Last update on 2018-02-21 at 12:40 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
SLINGS AND RING SLINGS
Last update on 2018-02-21 at 11:28 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Last update on 2018-02-21 at 11:28 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
What is a Baby Carrier?
Baby carriers are just what they sound like: items that are used to help you carry your baby from place to place. However, there’s a little more to them than that, as well. Many baby carriers today are designed to help you wear your baby close to your body so you can always keep an eye on him or her while keeping your hands free at the same time. Traditional plastic baby carriers—such as the ones that can double as car seats—don’t have the same advantages as babywearing carriers, even though they more or less do the same thing.
Types of Baby Carriers
There are three main types of babywearing baby carriers, but within those three types, you’re sure to find a few differences. Although we’ll go a little more in-depth into each type in their own sections below, here is a very brief rundown of what you can expect from each one.
- Wraps – These are large pieces of fabric that you wrap and tie around your body and use to hold your baby in place.
- Ring slings – These work much like wraps, but include durable rings to help you tighten or loosen the fabric as needed.
- Shaped baby carriers – These can be buckled around the wearer and used to carry the baby either on the front or back of the body.
Reasons to Carry Your Baby
There are a lot of reasons why you might want to start carrying your baby in a babywearing sling from early on. Although there are a lot of things to consider when it comes to shopping for a newborn-safe baby sling, the advantages far outweigh the concerns you should have when looking for the perfect option for you and your baby. Choose the best newborn sling carrier or another type of carrier by keeping these in mind.
- Easy and discreet breastfeeding – If you plan to breastfeed your newborn, using a baby sling can make it easier than ever for you to share this time with your baby even if you’re in public. Use the sling fabric to cover up and you can carry on with your normal daily activities while you feed your baby.
- (Mostly) hands-free use – While you still will need to support your baby’s weight with one hand depending on the type of tie you use for your wrap or sling, you’ll have a mostly hands-free experience carrying you baby like this. Many wrap styles allow you to keep both hands free for caring for older children, getting your work done, and more.
- Helps fussy babies calm down – Fussy babies often want to be held a lot. If your baby tends to get fussy when you put him or her in a separate baby carrier, try using a wrap or sling instead. You’ll be surprised at what a great difference this can make!
- Reduces separation anxiety – Many babies have trouble eating or resting well if they’re separated from their parents, especially at a young age. With a babywearing carrier, you can keep your baby near you at all times and encourage a happier, healthier child.
How to Use a Newborn Baby Carrier
When you’re shopping for the best baby sling carrier for newborns, you need to keep several things in mind. Choosing a carrier for a newborn is much different than picking one for an older infant or a toddler, so be sure to consider these tips well before you make your final decision. If your carrier doesn’t allow you to perform all the tips listed below, then you need to choose a different one.
- Never use a baby carrier that says it isn’t safe for infants under four months of age. This might go without saying, but you should always pay close attention to the packaging, labels, and instruction manual when you’re looking at slings and carriers in a store.
- Never cover your baby’s airways while practicing babywearing. This means your child’s chin should always be picked up slightly, but not raised too high, and the mouth and nose should never be covered by the fabric of the sling. If your carrier doesn’t allow you to hold your baby this way, don’t purchase it.
- Wear your baby close up on your chest at all times. Keep your baby at “kissing distance” so you’ll be able to tell if something is starting to go wrong. This can prevent a lot of potential harm and accidents. Always choose a carrier that can be adjusted on your body to hold your baby up high enough.
- Always check your baby carrier for damage or weak points. If your carrier breaks or tears, your baby could fall. Keeping a close eye on it before you ever put it on is a great way to catch problems before they arise. Do not buy secondhand carriers if you can’t examine them first.
Best Baby Carriers
So now you know a little bit more about what a baby carrier is and how to shop for the right one for your needs. But how do you know which ones are the best newborn baby slings and wraps on the market today? There are hundreds of baby carriers available, and if you walk into a store or go shopping online, you’re sure to be bombarded by tons of information and flashy slogans that make you believe every product you see is the best one for your baby. Remember that shopping for a newborn is different from shopping for an older child, and check out our list below to help you narrow down your choices based on your needs.
Wraps are some of the most popular choices for babywearing on the market today. These carriers are designed as one large, long strip of reinforced, durable fabric. They’re hemmed and sewn so that they won’t fray or become damaged with frequent use, and they’re usually easy to wash by simply throwing them in the washing machine. There are many different ways to tie a baby wrap, but when you’re carrying a newborn, the best option is to tie it so that your baby rests high up on your chest and has a lot of support for his or her neck without obstructing the airways. These carriers can be potentially dangerous for young infants, but when worn correctly, they can be very safe and secure. Read on for info about the best wrap for newborn use on the market.
The Storchenwiege Woven Cotton Baby Carrier Wrap is designed for use with newborn infants all the way through toddlerhood. This durable wrap can be tied in many different ways depending on your baby’s needs, and it features a double reinforced hem that will keep it from fraying or wearing out much at all, even over years of use. This carrier wrap is made with slightly tapered ends so that tying it is easier than ever before, and it’s built to last. You can purchase it in a few different colors, and it’s always machine washable. This is one of the best baby wrap carrier for newborns options available today.
- Perfect for holding your baby even if he or she has just come home from the hospital and is only a few days old.
- Easy to use in situations where a stroller may be too big or bulky for comfort or may not be allowed.
- Easy to wear without having to readjust constantly.
- This is a lesser-known brand name, which might turn off some buyers.
- May get uncomfortable for the wearer by the time your baby is about 20 pounds, which is well before the lifespan of this wrap is up.
- Your baby may take a little time to get used to being held in this wrap.
2. Happy Wrap Organic Baby Carrier
Are you looking for the best wrap carrier for newborn babies you can wear in hot weather without overheating you or your baby? With the Happy Wrap Organic Baby Carrier, you can do that and so much more! This carrier is made from bamboo viscose fabric, which is completely organic and natural. It’s not made from anything synthetic or manmade. If your baby has a lot of allergies or if you’re just environmentally-minded, this is the wrap for you. Best of all, it’s very lightweight and soft, and the fabric is breathable and airy. It’s safe for use with babies 25 pounds and under, which makes it a great option for your newborn when you use a tying method that keeps your child high up on your chest.
- Comfortable and easy to use, especially with babies that might not enjoy being forced into a soft shaped carrier.
- Breathable and comfortable even when the weather gets extra hot.
- The shorter length makes this wrap easier to tie without having a lot of excess.
- May take a little practice to get used to wearing your baby the right way.
- The very stretchy fabric may wear out faster than some other wraps.
- The thin fabric may be too flimsy for newborn babies until they are a few weeks old.
3. Boba Baby Wrap
If you’re in the market for a newborn baby carrier wrap that makes breastfeeding easy, discreet, and comfortable for both you and your baby, the Boba Baby Wrap is a great place to get started. This is a popular wrap made by a well-known company, and it’s designed for use with newborn infants up to about a year old. This wrap isn’t made for use with holds that keep your baby on your back, but it is designed and reinforced for use with front holds that will keep your newborn infant safe and sound.
- This wrap comes in one convenient size that works well for just about any body type.
- Thicker fabric is sure to help you feel as though your baby is supported nicely at all times.
- Even with extended use, this wrap won’t sag or wear out.
- One-size style has a lot of excess fabric if you have a petite frame.
- May be very difficult to wrap by yourself without help.
- The thicker fabric may be too warm for some climates.
4. Moby Wrap Cotton Baby Carrier
The Moby Wrap Cotton Baby Carrier is another newborn baby wrap carrier that comes from a well-known, popular brand name. This carrier comes in over forty beautiful colors and fabric designs to help you choose the perfect one for your baby, and it’s designed to grow with your child over time. Use it to hold your newborn in a safe and comfortable infant hold on the front of your body, and change the way you tie it over the months to carry your baby safely and comfortably for both of you at all times. This 100% cotton wrap is easy to keep clean just by throwing it in the washing machine as needed.
- A well-known brand name with excellent customer service.
- Stretchy without being so stretchy that you worry about your baby falling out.
- Easy to put on with only practicing a few times.
- Thicker fabric gets very warm and may not be practical for hot weather.
- Tighter than some of the other wraps on the market today.
- Babies may get fidgety in this wrap and cause it to need adjusting several times throughout the day.
5. Baby K’tan Original Baby Carrier
Are you looking for a safe newborn baby carry bag that you can purchase in the perfect size for each individual wearer? Choose the Baby K’tan Original Baby Carrier and you’ll be able to select the size that best fits your frame and weight. Pick up two separate carriers for each parent to use and you’ll be well on your way to safe and comfortable babywearing no matter who is in charge of your newborn. This carrier has a special method of wearing that allows you to offer ample support to your child while keeping him or her high up on your chest as needed. Note that this carrier can’t be used for a back hold.
- Quick and easy to use with only a couple of practice runs.
- Easy to choose the proper size by following the simple measuring technique listed on the website.
- Very soft and comfortable material is breathable but still supportive.
- Not for use on premature babies or any infants under eight pounds.
- May be difficult to use in a breastfeeding hold.
- There is no added support or padding for the shoulders, so it may get uncomfortable.
6. Mo+m Baby Wrap
This comfy cotton spandex carrier is designed to help you hold your baby whether he or she is a brand new newborn, a toddler, or something in between. It’s a firm and sturdy carrier that can be worn much like a wrap, but it has a little bit more of a shape to it that keeps your baby supported where it matters most. You can wrap it in four different ways to help provide the best possible safe hold for your child no matter what age he or she might be. The wrap is designed to be just the right length without requiring a long excess tail of fabric when you wrap it the right way. See for yourself why this is one of the best baby wearing wrap for newborn options out there.
- Easy to tie by yourself without needing a second person to help.
- One-size wrap makes it easy to find the perfect fit for you and your baby.
- Great for use with babies seven pounds and up.
- Not for use with preemies or very small newborns.
- May not be as supportive as some of the other wraps listed here.
- Not available in as many different color combinations as others.
7. 4-in-1 CuddleBug Baby Wrap Carrier
The 4-in-1 CuddleBug Baby Wrap Carrier is a great option for parents of newborns looking to start babywearing the right way. This carrier is made of a soft, safe, comfortable and breathable fabric that’s reinforced to keep your baby supported no matter what. Best of all, since it’s so flexible and gentle, you can wrap it as tightly as needed to keep your baby in a safe hold for a newborn. You’ll never have to worry again about whether or not your newborn is getting enough support or room to breathe when you bring home this carrier as part of your new baby ensemble!
- Very easy to tie and put on by yourself after only practicing a few times.
- Supportive enough to keep your hands free even while you’re carrying your newborn.
- Comes in a variety of different colors to help suit your needs and preferences.
- Might be unsafe for use with very squirmy or wiggly babies.
- Not made by a name brand company, which may turn off some potential buyers.
- May be too long for some petite wearers.
Slings & Ring Slings
In this section, you’ll find the best baby slings for newborns reviews to help you choose a great ring sling. Slings and ring slings are more or less the same type of carrier, with one slight difference. Both types are designed to be tied similarly to a baby wrap around the wearer’s body. They are made of durable, long pieces of fabric that are reinforced everywhere they need to be, but unlike a wrap, they aren’t one uniform width. The portion of the sling you use to carry your baby is shaped like a large pocket or hammock you can wrap your baby comfortably in. Standard slings adjust much like wraps, but ring slings feature a strong aluminum ring that you can use to tighten or loosen the carrier as needed depending on the size of the wearer and the age of the baby. Read on for the best baby wraps and slings for newborns on the market.
8. Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Ring Sling
The Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Ring Sling is available in two different sizes to help you get the perfect fit no matter what your body type and frame size might be. This wrap is made of cotton and features a slightly padded shoulder that can help distribute the weight of your baby more evenly and make babywearing that much more comfortable, even over a longer period of time. This sling is designed to be worn without a lot of complicated wrapping and tying, so you can even put it on by yourself without help. Try it and see why it’s one of the best baby sling for newborn options available.
- Comfortable, lightweight, and doesn’t put too much pressure on the wearer’s body.
- Great for use around the home or holding your baby for breastfeeding purposes.
- Comes with a video to help you learn how to wear it.
- May be very difficult to wrap properly without assistance from another person.
- May be difficult to wrap well enough to keep both hands free, and may require a little more support.
- Not made from a well-known brand name.
9. Mamaway Ring Sling Baby Carrier
The Mamaway Ring Sling Baby Carrier is built with newborns in mind! This sling is the best baby sling for newborn baby because it’s little smaller and wider than some of the others on the market today, which makes it great for use with very small babies that need plenty of additional back and neck support. Choose between two color patterns and get ready to bring your baby along for all of the best and most exciting adventures a newborn can experience! With two durable rings and plenty of extra fabric, you’ll be able to adjust this wrap to suit any wearer’s physical needs.
- This sling is very easy to learn how to use even if you’ve never tied one before.
- Double-hemmed and reinforced many times to help keep your baby safe and sound.
- Includes a reinforced shoulder for extra padding and comfort for the wearer.
- Very long one-size fit that has too much tail for some wearers.
- Rings are smaller than on some other wraps, which may be uncomfortable for some.
- The thick fabric may be too warm for some climates.
10. Beachfront Baby Sling
You can’t go wrong with the Beachfront Baby Sling! This sling was designed and created by real moms looking for a lightweight alternative to traditional baby slings for use at the beach and even in the water. The fabric is breathable and airy, and it dries easily, making it a great option for the next time you go to the beach or the pool with your newborn. Best of all, the rings included are a little smaller than usual, which makes them more durable and keeps the fabric from slipping through them easily even when it’s wet. Bring your baby along to the beach and keep your hands free for playing with your older kids with one of the best newborn baby sling options around!
- Easy to wear without needing to be adjusted over and over again throughout the day.
- The fabric is easy to wash and dries out quickly.
- Easy to learn how to tie this sling by yourself with only a little practice.
- Not designed for sun protection, so adequate baby sunscreen will be necessary at the beach.
- Not for use as a regular baby sling outside of beach and pool trips.
- Not for hands-free use in the pool—always keep a hold on your baby when wearing this sling in the water.
11. Beco Cloud Ring Sling Carrier
If you’re in the market for comfortable and safe sling wraps for newborns backed by a well-known brand name, check out the Beco Cloud Ring Sling Carrier and see for yourself just how great it really works. This carrier is a very traditional ring sling wrap that can be used for newborn babies all the way up to toddlers. It comes in a few different colors to help you choose the one that’s best for your baby, and it features two reinforced aluminum rings to help you support your child at all times. Wrap your baby close and safe with this comfortable ring sling.
- Great for use with any wearer’s body type and size.
- Durable fabric will keep your baby from being able to wiggle around too much.
- The sling is designed to keep the fabric from slipping out even with extended wear.
- The thick fabric may be too heavy and warm for some climates and seasons.
- Difficult to adjust once you have the baby in this carrier.
- May be difficult to learn how to tie without help from a second adult.
12. Vlokup Baby Ring Sling Wrap Carrier
Choose the 100% Vlokup Baby Ring Sling Wrap Carrier for the best sling for a newborn, and keep using it until your baby reaches about forty pounds. This all-natural ring sling is designed to grow with your child, and you can change the way you tie it as your baby gets bigger over time. The shoulder part of this sling is slightly padded, so you can still use it freely with the adjusting ring system while enjoying all the benefits of a little more shoulder comfort for the person wearing the sling. Simply take the sling off the rings and put it in the washing machine when you’re ready to clean it.
- Easy and quick to use even with a baby who doesn’t take well to more structured carriers.
- Great for use even with wearers that have back or shoulder pain.
- Large rings are easy to adjust as needed throughout the day.
- May stretch out with use, especially with larger babies.
- This wide design might not work well for all wearers.
- Padded hems may make adjusting hard to get the hang of.
13. Bibetts Pure Linen Ring Sling
The Bibetts Pure Linen Ring Sling is perfect for the environmentally-conscious parent looking for a healthy and safe way to start babywearing with a newborn infant. This is the best infant sling newborn babies with allergies could ask for. It is made from 100% linen, so it’s soft and comfortable without running the risk of causing allergies in your baby like some manmade fabrics might. With a double reinforced non-welded ring system, you’ll be able to tighten and loosen your sling as needed without worrying that your baby will get cut on rough welding seams or will fall out of a sling with only one ring for support.
- Easy to wash in the washing machine by simply removing the rings and throwing it in with regular laundry.
- Provides tons of support to help newborns stay upright in a comfortable and natural position.
- Easy to wear and tie as needed for newborn use.
- This is a less common brand name that may not have the popularity to back it up that some other slings can boast.
- May cause back pain in some wearers, especially after frequent and extended use.
- The fabric is very stiff and may be irritating to some sensitive babies.
14. Lucky baby Ring Sling
Choose the Lucky Baby Ring Sling for an easy to use sling with a reinforced ring that’s built to work even at the beach. This warm-weather sling is made from a mesh fabric that’s strong enough to hold your baby in place without needed added support, but light enough to keep him or her breathing freely and safely even in the hotter weather. The mesh dries fast, and the included ring is waterproof, so you can even use this sling in the water—as long as you’re willing to hold your baby a little more carefully and keep a close eye on him or her while you go swimming together. It can easily become the best baby sling for a newborn you’ve ever seen.
- Works nicely as a cover when you need to discreetly breastfeed your baby in a public place.
- Spreads the weight of the baby across the wearer’s back and muscles instead of relying on the neck and shoulders to do all the work.
- Lightweight fabric is easy to fold into your diaper bag until you’re ready to use it.
- Not for use as a main baby carrier since it is built for warm weather and pool use.
- May not be supportive enough for premature babies.
- Included rings may be too small for some wearers to adjust properly while the baby is in the sling.
Soft, shaped baby carriers have been popular ways to carry children for a long time, and they aren’t really losing any steam in their popularity today. These carriers might not look the same way as a wrap or sling does, but they can accomplish pretty much the same thing even so. They are shaped and designed to contour perfectly to your baby’s body and offer support where it’s needed most. These carriers usually come with a newborn insert that you can set your smaller infants on to help them sit up higher in the carrier and keep their breathing from becoming restricted. Newborns should never be worn on the back of the wearer in one of these carriers. Read on to find the best baby carrier for newborn use to suit your needs.
15. Six-Position 360 Degree Ergonomic Baby & Child Carrier
The Six-Position 360 Degree Ergonomic Baby & Child Carrier is the perfect way to keep your newborn in a natural, comfortable position against your chest and keep your hands free as you support your baby through every step of your adventures together. Use this carrier throughout the first year or so of your baby’s life and switch between six comfortable carrying positions as he or she gets bigger. This is one of the best newborn baby carrier options around.
- Plenty of back support for the wearer and won’t cause pain even after a long period of time.
- Easy to adjust so that your baby rides up high on your chest as needed for perfect newborn safety.
- Mesh back version is lightweight and airy, which is perfect for warmer weather.
- The fabric may be too thick to breathe well, which may make your baby uncomfortable and could lead to an obstructed airflow.
- Made with slightly bigger wearers in mind, so very petite people may have trouble getting it to fit properly.
- This bulky carrier may not be too convenient in some situations.
16. MiaMilly Hipster Plus Swiss Brand Child & Baby Front Carrier
If you’re looking for a great hidden gem in the world of soft shaped baby carriers, look no further than the MiaMilly Hipster Plus Swiss Brand Child & Baby Front Carrier. This carrier is as powerful as it looks, and it’s built to last for years—you might even be able to save it for your next child, too! With plenty of points of reinforcement and durability, you’ll never have to worry about this carrier tearing or wearing out, even when you use it frequently. This reinforcement makes this one of the safest baby carriers for newborns you can find.
- Quality company with excellent customer service and support ready to help you at a moment’s notice.
- Easy to adjust this carrier to different sizes and holds as your baby grows.
- Perfect support while keeping your hands free at all times.
- Include some Velcro in the design, which may wear out more quickly over time than the rest of the carrier will.
- Zipper stitching has been known to pull and tear over time.
- Might not be able to be worn correctly by very small and petite caregivers.
The Boba 4G Carrier is a great carrier choice for anyone concerned with providing safe materials for everything meant for the baby. This is a 100% cotton carrier that doesn’t use any harmful dyes that could be potentially unsafe for your child. Even if your baby starts to gnaw on the pieces of this carrier, you won’t have to worry! This carrier is safe for all baby uses, and it’s perfect for helping you keep your newborn close from seven pounds and up.
- This is a very popular and well-known company with tons of great customer support that makes it one of the best infant carrier for newborn choices you could make.
- Designed to fit both small and large wearers with only a few simple adjustments.
- Adjustable chest strap makes it easy for you to carry your newborn safely and then change your hold as your baby grows.
- Might be a little too expensive, especially for first-time buyers.
- Might be a little complicated and difficult to wear without practicing several times before you put your baby in it.
- This very bulky design may be uncomfortable in hotter weather.
18. Beco Baby Carrier Gemini
The Beco Baby Carrier is built for the perfect ergonomic design for you and your baby to be safe, comfortable, and happy traveling together. You can wear it in four different positions, and while your baby is still young, you can easily carry him or her high up on your chest for safety and convenience at the same time. Adjust the snaps on the straps to make it easy to carry your baby no matter how big he or she gets!
- Comfortable for wearing regardless of the wearer’s size.
- Includes a snapping mechanism to make it easy to carry your newborn without needing a separate infant insert piece.
- Includes a sleeping hood that protects your baby’s face without blocking or restricting any airways.
- May need to be used with a rolled-up blanket to support very small newborns.
- Not for use with premature babies.
- Doesn’t include any separate functions to help discreetly breastfeed your baby.
19. ERGObaby Original Baby Carrier
The ERGObaby Original Baby Carrier is a powerful baby carrier that will give you the safest and most convenient way to carry your newborn without fear of harm. You can wear this carrier on the front of your body with your newborn baby, then shift it to your hip as your baby gets older. When he or she is a toddler, use the same carrier for holding your child on your back. This carrier will be with you and your baby for a long time, and since it’s soft, comfortable, and easy to clean, you’ll be glad to have it as part of your regular baby care lineup!
- Includes the necessary infant insert for you to use with your newborn, so you don’t have to buy an extra piece.
- Easy to put on and even easier to clean as needed.
- Great for wearers who have back or neck pain and need something with a perfect ergonomic design.
- Not designed for use with premature babies.
- Might be too expensive for some budgets.
- May require help putting on, especially for the first several times until you get used to it.
20. BabyBjorn Baby Carrier
Choose the BabyBjorn Baby Carrier when you want to provide the best, safest, and most natural method of carrying your baby from birth to toddlerhood. This is one of the most popular baby carriers for newborns on the market today. It’s designed specifically with newborns in mind, and you can use it safely with no need for a separate infant insert piece. It’s made of jersey cotton for a comfortable and soft experience for your baby as well as for you.
- Possibly the most well-known soft shaped Baby Bjorn carrier newborn babies can use, with plenty of popularity and name brand quality to back it up.
- Great for babies that may need a little extra support with their hips or legs as they grow.
- Easy to put on and even easier to adjust as needed.
- May be difficult to use with very heavy babies.
- Not for use with premature babies or any infants under 8 pounds in weight.
- May not be as ergonomically designed for the wearer as some other carriers on the market today.
21. Infantino Sash Mei Tai Carrier
For a unique style that’s sure to stand out from the crowd while providing your baby with plenty of comfort and support for a safe trip no matter where you go, reach for the Infantino Sash Mei Tai Carrier for newborn babies. This little carrier may look like it’s all style, but don’t worry—it’s designed for comfort and safety for both baby and wearer. It features wide padded straps to help you stay strong no matter how long you carry your newborn, and it is built to help you keep your baby in a comfortable upright sitting position even from a very young age.
- Great for wearers of all sizes and easy to adjust to any size.
- Easy to tie and wrap so that your newborn has plenty of support.
- Very breathable and lightweight while still being very supportive and durable.
- This carrier puts a lot of pressure on the wearer’s lower back, which may be uncomfortable after a long period of time.
- Long straps may be hard to tie if you don’t have someone to help you.
- May be more difficult to wash than some of the other products listed here.
So, are you ready to choose the perfect baby carrier for all your babywearing needs? Your newborn baby has a lot of specific needs and safety concerns, but when you choose one of these newborn-safe carriers from the lists above, you’ll be able to bring him or her along with you everywhere you go without fear of suffocation or other health risks. As always, be sure to practice safe babywearing techniques, and take care to check on your child very frequently while you are carrying him or her.
If you’re wondering which carriers are the number one pick from each category, we’ve got you covered! Check out our top choices from each type of carrier to help you choose.
- Wrap: Happy Wrap Organic Baby Carrier – This is a great newborn baby carrier sling that’s perfect for anyone looking for an all-natural baby carrier. It’s easy to tie, easy to adjust, and affordable. If you’re willing to wait a few weeks to use it, it can give you tons of great support for your newborn, too. And if you’re trying a newborn baby sling carrier for the first time, this one is very user-friendly.
- Sling: Mamaway Ring Sling Baby Carrier – Choose Mamaway for the best ring sling for newborn babies and a true hidden gem! Although this sling isn’t made by a well-known company, it still gets our number one pick because of its durability and reinforcement. It’s comfortable for the wearer and perfectly safe for the baby, and it’s easy to use for breastfeeding as well as for carrying. Best of all, it’s built to keep the fabric from slipping out of the slightly smaller rings. This is truly the best ring sling baby carrier newborn babies could need.
- Carrier: ERGOBaby Original Baby Carrier – This is our top choice for soft shaped baby carriers because it focuses on the comfort of the wearer as well as the baby. It’s great for newborns and built to last so that you can continue using it with your baby as he or she ages. Although it costs a bit more than some of the other carriers on our list, it still has our pick because of how durable it is.
Whichever type of carrier you choose, you’ll be well on your way to safe, healthy, happy babywearing in no time. Pick any of the products listed above from our baby sling reviews newborn infants are sure to approve of, and you’ll have a great product that’s built to last!